These are examples of Christo and Jeanne-Claude's wrapped trees. It is the scale of these works that makes them powerful, on a smaller scale they would not draw attention the same way. I love them precisely because they are so overwhelming, making you feel so small in comparison. What I find really interesting about this artist couple is that they apparently deny any greater meaning behind their works besides simply their aesthetic value.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Wrapping
These are examples of Christo and Jeanne-Claude's wrapped trees. It is the scale of these works that makes them powerful, on a smaller scale they would not draw attention the same way. I love them precisely because they are so overwhelming, making you feel so small in comparison. What I find really interesting about this artist couple is that they apparently deny any greater meaning behind their works besides simply their aesthetic value.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment