Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Tara Donovon

This piece by Tara Donovon is an installation that is hung from the ceiling of a room. When I saw this image, I was immediately interested because the forms and shapes reminded me of clouds floating in the sky. The form seems to have a life of its own; it seems as though it has movement and the forms are forever changing.

I was amazed that the materials used were very simple every day materials: plastic cups and glue. The materials appear to be light and weightless which also adds to the illusion of a cloud. Choosing to use the opening side of the cup was a great idea since it adds movement, texture, and depth to the piece.

I am also interested in the way light hits the piece. I think that with light, the work seems to glow

No comments:

Post a Comment