Monday, March 2, 2009

Olivio Barbieri: The Coliseum, Rome


I was surprised to read that Olivio Barbieri's photographs were actual photograph of places. I thought they were photos of built models using a small depth of field, but they are actual photographs of actual places using a tilt-shift lens. His play on scales and proportions is very interesting as he makes actual large scale things look as if they were small scale. I am very curious on how this lens works as it not only distorts what is focused but the colors looks so vivid, even fake. Even the angle that the photograph is taken in looks as if it were a model. I could keep on looking at his photographs and even knowing that they were pictures of real things, think in the back of my head that they are just models.

No comments:

Post a Comment